A Letter To The UpKeep Team And 2018 In Review
I just wanted to say how grateful I am of such an awesome supportive team that we’ve come to build in 2018. I so so proud of the work that you all have done which has helped us get to where we are today. When I reflect back at 2018, I realize how monumental this year was in UpKeep’s company life.
Over the last 12 months we’ve….
- Tripled our team size
- Raised our $10 million Series A from a group (Emergence Capital) I couldn’t be more happy with
- Almost tripled the number of customers that we support
- Released huge new updates to the web platform, iOS, and android platforms to UpKeep introducing asset depreciation, and brand new work orders page, purchase orders, and custom workflows
- Been recognized as the #1 maintenance management system by Software Advice (Gartner owned)
- Moved into a brand new office space in Westwood, California
- And so so much more
Many people have told me that this period in our company’s growth is one that I’ll never forget not only because of the speed in which we are moving, but also because of the friendships that we’ve created. I can, without a doubt, say that’s 100% true. We’ve all gone through some crazy highs this year and also gone through some low-points as well, but I’ll never forget this year that we stuck it through to end 2018 with a huge success. All of you guys have demonstrated a superior level of grit in 2018 and UpKeep would not be where we are today without you. I am so thankful for all of the passion and dedication you’ve put into making UpKeep great.
Looking towards 2019
With all of that being said, many people have also told me that this next chapter in UpKeep’s growth phase is one of the toughest. We will go from having a small(ish) team to forming true departments, more than doubling our team size (again), growing our customer base, and exercising new muscles that we haven’t exercised before (like finding new marketing channels, building brand new features, and supporting industries that we haven’t before).
But in all honesty, 2019 and the challenge ahead is what excites me the most. I can’t wait to meet all of the new folks we bring on to the UpKeep team, and I can’t wait to start building new muscles and functions within our organization.
I am confident that if we stay true to our company values of gritty resourcefulness, dedication to progress, and commitment to our customer we’ll have another remarkable year in 2019.
Happy New Years everyone 🙂
GO TEAM UPKEEP
– Ryan Chan, CEO and Founder at UpKeep