Supporting Our Frontline Workers – Family Health Centers of SD
UpKeep Donates to FHCSD
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) has been an integral part of San Diego County’s health care safety net for nearly five decades. They are proud to be one of the largest, private, nonprofit networks of community clinics in the nation.
UpKeep is proud to support FHCSD’s effort in providing supplies and support to keep their staff and community safe. We donated specifically to their COVID-19 relief fund. However, there are many different ways to help! Here is a list of various ways you can support FHCSD:
- You can donate paper gowns and masks if you have them or a connection to a supplier.
- You can help fund test kits. The cost of COVID-19 testing is $29 per test.
- You can help fund powered air purifying. respirators (PAPRs), which are the. best protection for their staff.
- You can donate hand sanitizers to help protect their frontline caregivers.
- You can help fund sewing machines. FHCSD’s goal is to get a mask for all of their staff, for their asymptomatic patients, and those experiencing homelessness.
- You can help fund virucides to help their staff disinfect and clean their clinics and patient service areas.
- You can volunteer to make masks.
- You can shop at AmazonSmile, specifically using this link. When you shop, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase prices to FHCSD.
- You can donate supplies. FHCSD are currently looking for tightly woven cotton and higher thread count sheets, pipe cleaners, unseparated garbage bag ties (twist ties), or rolls of metal wire.