UpKeep Selected Best Content Marketing Campaign Finalist in 2020 Drum Social Purpose Awards
About Drum Social Purpose Awards
Formerly known as ‘Marketing Can Change the World Awards’, this award was created by The Drum, one of the world’s largest marketing platforms, to remind the industry that marketing really can change the world. The Drum Social Purpose Awards celebrates all modern-day marketing which is driving forward socially responsible marketing, brand purpose and a truer representation of society today.
It celebrates socially responsible marketing, brand purpose campaigns and work that has been executed to achieve positive outcomes that will make a difference.
UpKeep is honored to be selected as a finalist in the category of Best Content Marketing Campaign by The Drum, amongst notable companies like LinkedIn, Starbucks, Verizon, Facebook, and more! The campaign we were recognized for was our COVID-19 Social Impact Project, where we used our platform to spotlight our customers and those in our community who are working hard out on the frontlines, while also hyper-focusing on providing them with valuable and helpful resources. Through this campaign, we were able to…
- Give back over $100,000 in credits to customers impacted by the coronavirus. If our customers did not need the credits, they were given the option to pay the credits forward to an organization working on the frontlines.
- Make weekly donations to support frontline workers, the most marginalized, and more. To name a few:
- Create an open source job board for maintenance and reliability professionals facing unemployment or reduced hours due to COVID-19.
- Hold free resume consultations open to those in the industry, as well as friends and family members of our very own UpKeepers!
- Host our first Innovations 4 Hope (I4H) Hackathon to identify million dollar ideas and create concrete plans for execution that can provide value to our customers during this current crisis and in the resulting aftermath.
- Provide a ton of free webinars that would be helpful to our maintenance and reliability community. Topics include…
- Create the UpKeep SQF Audit Series, which is a collection of easy-to-use checklists organizations can utilize during their Safe Quality Food (SQF) audit journey.
- Make educational courses to help our customers during this time learn how to set up an account with UpKeep, as well as learn the foundational material they’ll need for the CMRP exam!
- Share a Self-care and Social Impact Bingo Card that includes simple activities that can protect our mental and physical health, as well as several actions to make an impact in helping to slow the spread of COVID-19 and provide assistance to those in need.
- Honor frontline workers of maintenance and reliability by starting the the Maintain Hope Campaign, where we donated 100% of profits of all our swag and apparel to the World Health Organization‘s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
But, not only did we want to show care for our customers and community, we also had to get creative and think of innovative ways to thoughtfully approach and care for our employees. To help our team feel a sense of security, normalcy, and empowerment, we have been holding daily contests on Slack, company-wide events after working hours, eating lunch together through Zoom, and more!
- You can read more about how we are keeping company culture alive here!
UpKeep Says Thanks!
This is the very first award UpKeep has been nominated for social impact! At the heart of our campaign is a deep sense of gratitude and appreciation to the incredible men and women out on the frontlines, and the amazing men and women in our UpKeep family, who are all keeping the world going through unprecedented and challenging times. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, and it is a true honor to be serving you!