RELEASE DAY: UpKeep Templates!
Welcome to UpKeep Templates, UpKeep’s Library of Checklists!
What are Templates?
UpKeep Templates is our library of checklists that we curated for our customers and for public use. Templates are blueprints to do literally anything you need guidance on: from checklists to reopen your business during COVID, to task-lists to monitor the health of your equipment.
Why did we Start this Project?
UpKeep’s core mission is to empower maintenance teams to revolutionize their business. UpKeep was born out of a need for an easy-to-use and accessible system for work orders. It’s hard enough to adopt a maintenance system that’s right for your team, even harder without a starting point. We noticed that the process for creating task-lists and checklists for your team is time-consuming and grueling.
What we discovered is that many of these teams are starting their maintenance programs from the ground up. Often times, this is one of the main driving factors for why they come to UpKeep. These teams typically only have a small library of checklists and inspections, or none at all. They need a CMMS but they also need a kick-start. Which is why we started UpKeep Templates.
How do People Make Checklists Today?
They’d start by looking at an asset that needs routine maintenance, or a “to-do” list that needs to be routinely completed:
Someone in the company would then research the necessary steps to perform the task.
- Researching online (e.g. Googling “OSHA Guidelines”)
- Referring to a manual
- Utilizing tribal knowledge of someone in the company that’s performed the task before
They would then draft a template of the routine task, and then save it on their computer:
Finally, they would move on to:
- Printing out checklists, daily/weekly/monthly
- Sending the checklist to their colleagues over email or text
- Posting checklists on a “to-do” white board
- Asking their techs to manually log what they’ve done at the end of the day
Did you Know?
With UpKeep Templates, we’re doing the work for you. Now, you can simply search for a checklist you need on our website, download it, and upload it into your UpKeep account. It’ll forever live in UpKeep and accessing the checklist is just a tap away.
Again, It’s hard enough to adopt a maintenance system that’s right for your team, even harder without a starting point.
UpKeep’s hope is that our community, customers, and the rest of our world will be able to take these templates and hit the ground running with them!
How do I Navigate the Website?
You can start by clicking here to visit our UpKeep Templates webpage.
Here, you’ll find all the different template collections starting with the COVID Collection. But, we’re planning on releasing so much more!
Here are the steps to navigate the site and import templates into your UpKeep account:
- Visit the UpKeep Templates webpage.
- Scroll down, and you can filter the template collections by your industry or need.
- Find the collection with the templates/checklists you’re looking for and click into it.
- Within the collection itself, you’ll find all the information you need to start using the templates/checklists here.
- Click “Download” on the templates your team needs, and upload it into your UpKeep account.
What You’ll Find in each Collection:
- The “Title” of the Template Collection
- A “Short Description “of what templates are included in the collection
- The CSV. templates themselves that you can download
- An “In-Depth Description” and guide to the collection at the bottom of the page
The Future of UpKeep Templates
This is just the first iteration of UpKeep Templates. We’re planning on transforming this initiative into something greater. To give a sneak peek at the future, we’re aiming to release entirely new collections over the next 3 months, and have PDF copies available for non-customers (or for current customers who still prefer printing out a checklist).
If our customers and community find value in these templates, we’ll fully integrate this library into UpKeep! From then, UpKeep Templates will live directly within your application and you won’t have to navigate to a separate website.
Awesome! We’d love to hear from you, we’re constantly striving to improve our collections.
Click this link and it’ll send you to our feedback form.