Getting Started with UpKeep
Congratulations! You’ve Signed up With UpKeep! We’re excited to provide you with a personalized onboarding plan to help get you and your team set-up. Getting Started with UpKeep will walk you through a process of setting up your UpKeep account.
UpKeep Set Up
You’re ready to start setting up your account! We’ve mapped out the stepped needed to have a successful account set-up. Below you will:
- Step 1: Add People and Teams to your UpKeep account
- Step 2: Add Locations and Sub Locations
- Step 3: Add Assets and Equipment
- Step 4: Add Parts and Inventory
Step 1: Add People and Teams to your UpKeep account
- Adding Admins: Admin users have full privilege to add others to your group, accept or deny requests, assign and modify work orders, adjust locations, assets and inventory.
- Adding Technicians: Technical users are the users who are frequently closing out work orders, completing jobs, and are most commonly, the field technician.
- Adding Requesters: Requesters have the ability to submit work order request through your Request Portal, Email, and the UpKeep mobile app. You can provide Requesters a unique login by adding them to your UpKeep account.
- Adding Teams: Have departments or teams in your organization? No problem, easily assign a work order to a group or team with UpKeeps team feature.
Not sure what roles are right for your team? Check out UpKeeps different User Roles
Step 2: Add Locations and Sub Locations
- Adding Locations: UpKeep allows you to sort and organize your assets and inventory by location. Each Location is typically a physical location.
- Adding Sub locations: Within your main location we give you the options to add sub-locations.
Need to add Locations in bulk? Learn how to mass upload your data with our import feature.
Step 3: Add Assets and Equipment
- Adding Assets and Equipment: UpKeep is a database to store your assets and equipment information in one centralized location. Store and record:
- Location Information
- Manufacturer and Supplier Information
- Work Order History
- Upcoming Preventive Maintenance Work orders
Need to add Asset/Equipment in bulk? Learn how UpKeep can do all the heavy lifting of your data migration.
Step 4: Add Parts and Inventory
- Adding Parts and Inventory: UpKeep makes it easy for teams to manage their parts and inventory. Never run out of a part again. With Upkeep you can:
- Record Part Information/Location
- Associate parts to assets or equipment
- Set Inventory Levels
- Set minimum thresholds
Need to add Parts/Inventory in bulk? Learn how UpKeep can do all the heavy lifting of your data migration.