This article is primarily for requester users. If you’re an admin looking for more information, click here. If you’re looking for instructions on using your company request portal, skip all the way to the last section!
We know that work requests are an essential part of the maintenance process. Requesters are the eyes of your facility and organization and they help make sure everything is running smoothly. This article explains everything requesters need to know about their work requests!
The Work Request Process:
- Submit a work request.
- Your team admin will review the request, then approve or decline it.
- Once approved, your request is now a work order!
- Your maintenance technicians will then complete the work order.
Setting up your Account
You’ll first want to set up your account. Your team administrator should’ve sent you an email invite!
Step 1: Click on the link in that email to set up your account.
Step 2. You can then add your name and password.
Here’s what that email will look like:
Submitting a Request
Once you’ve set up your account, you’ll need to log into your account, if you haven’t already. Access the login page here: https://app.onupkeep.com/#/login
Here are the next steps:
- Click on the blue + Request button on the top right.
- Fill out all the required fields (this is indicated by a red asterisk).
- Once all the required fields are entered, you can click on the blue Submit button!
Here is a quick GIF:
Updates to your Work Request
By default, the view in your Request page shows you requests that are still pending approval from your admin. Use the filters to show you Open, On Hold, In Progress, or Complete work orders!
Need to update your maintenance team with new information or looking for updates to your request?
- Click on the work order that needs an update!
- Click on the Updates section of the work order.
- You can add a message or check for updates already made by your maintenance team!
How to use the Public Request Portal
If your team or organization provided you with a public request portal link, this is how you can submit your work request!
- Navigate to your company’s Request Portal (your request form may look different depending on what information your company needs!)
- Fill out the form (all the required fields are indicated by a red asterisk!)
- Click the “Submit Work Request” button