Admins: How to Create and Manage Work Order Requests
This article explains How to Create and Manage Requests with our web and mobile applications for admins. Any of the five users in UpKeep have the ability to submit work requests!
If you’re a requester user looking to submit a work request, click here. That article explains submitting a work request, including how on your company’s public request portal!
The Work Request Process:
- A work request is submitted.
- The team admin will review the request, then approve or decline it.
- Once approved, the request is now a work order!
- Your maintenance technicians will then complete the work order.
How to Create a Request
This is for admins and other users that have to log in with an email and password.
- Log in to UpKeep through your web or mobile app
- Select the Requests page
- Click the “+ Requests” or “+” button
- Enter all the required request details (indicated by a red asterisk).
- Click Submit Request
How to Manage Work Order Requests
- Navigate to the Requests section
- Click on the desired work request
- Evaluate the Work Request and add additional details that may be needed, similar to creating a new work order
- These details include Priority, Location, Asset, Main Worker, Support Worker, Team, Due Date, Tasks/Checklists, Parts, or Files
- Finally, click Approve and the work request is now a work order!
[tip] If the work request does not qualify for approval, just click Reject! [/tip]
On the web application: