What are the best online facility management courses?
If you’re looking for a way to advance in your career at your own pace, consider signing up for one of these online facility management courses. Here are the top nine:
- LinkedIn Learning: AutoCAD Facilities Management. This course teaches maintenance technicians about CAD, 2D drawing, site planning and computer-aided facilities management. Work at your own pace and learn how these computer tools can help you improve your facility management skills.
- IFMA Essentials of Facilities Management. If you’ve recently started your facilities management career, you may benefit from this three-workshop series. Each workshop offers 10 modules, which cover the basics of facilities management concepts.
- Red Vector. This organization has hundreds of online courses that cover all aspects of facilities management. You can learn about improving safety and compliance, boosting productivity, and many other topics that will help you advance in your career. Both certification and continuing education hours are available for students.
- Arizona State University Continuing Education. As part of this program, ASU offers non-credit certificate programs that can be completed online. Learn about critical facilities management topics from trained instructors as well as from industry experts. Students can also prepare to take the IFMA certified facility manager exam through this course.
- Ferris State University. Maintenance technicians can earn a facility management certificate through this program based in Michigan. Instructors cover programming, facility planning, project management, operations management, and budgeting. This course also prepares students for the IFMA certified facility manager exam.
- University of California at Irvine. This division of continuing education offers an online facilities management program certificate. Three courses cover the fundamentals of facilities management, design and space planning, and leadership. Individual courses are available for no credit as well.
- University of Kansas, Division of Continuing Education. This program offers an online certificate for managing maintenance for buildings and facilities. Classes are designed for facility, property, or maintenance managers. Topics covered include lean maintenance, cost-saving projects, and work order system management.
- 360 Training. Online licensing and certification in building maintenance and management cover preventive maintenance, HVAC maintenance, and facilities management.
- State University of New York. SUNY works with Mohawk Valley Community College to offer an associate of applied science degree in the School of Facilities Management. The degree is equivalent to an on-campus associate degree or technical certificate but can be completed online.